Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy 50th Papa Roach

Today is my dad's 50th birthday! Or as I like to call him "Papa Roach." He is the best dad ever, I know everyone thinks they have the best dad. I truly do though! He has never complained of having 4 girls and no boys. Even though he is a huge outdoorsmen. I loved going fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, and all of those types of things with him when I was younger. We still enjoy doing some of those things together still. I am for sure a "Daddy's Girl" can you blame me. He makes it so easy to love him and want to spend time together.

All six grandkids love him so Much too. Harp calls him "Papa Shocka Boom" It is so cute! My dad loves being able to have boys in the family finally. Harper and Porter will be able to have that special bonding with their Papa. Harp and I went out 4 days early to Family Gorge with my Mom and Dad before everyone else got out there. It was so nice watching Harp spend time with them by himself. My dad took him fishing for the first time, 4-wheeler rides, boating, swimming, ect. Harp looks up to my dad so much!

Tonight we are celebrating at his favorite LaCasita. We have family, friends, co-workers, highschool friends coming to help celebrate. It should be way fun to celebrate such a wonderful man.

We love you "Papa Roach" aka "Papa Shocka BOOM!

4 comments:

Craig and Monica said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle Lary!

Jyl said...

HE LOOKS GREAT FOR 50! and you girls are H-O-T! love you!

The Byron Family said...

aw, happy bday to your dad!

Kandas said...

How fun!! I love that picture with your dad and his girls. That is so sweet.

How was your trip? I've been waiting for you to blog it up with some pictures!!

We need to get together again. We had tons of fun with you guys. When are you free and we will do a game night...not at the cabin...LOL, still so sorry about that!