Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gallbladder

I have been having pain in my stomach for about a month. It would come and go. Also some days were worse than others. Then starting on September 11th which was a thursday until that saturday I was flat in bed. The pain was so bad that I couldn't even get out of bed. Everyone and Curt kept on trying to have me go to the Dr.'s or to the ER. I was being selfish and didn't want to go. Finally that Saturday night Curt took me to the ER. They ran a bunch of test, and did an ultrasound. Everything came back normal, but hello I was still in major pain. They sent me home with percocet, and told me to return the following morning for more testing. They did a "Hyda Scan" which shows the function of the gallbladder. That test was very painful to say the least. I felt like such a baby laying there for a hour and a half crying. Well sure enough the Radiologist said I have the most none functioning gallbladder he has ever seen! Wahoo not the award you want to win. Yep it works a whole 1.6%. So I came home to take the oh so lovely percocet, until a surgeon could get me in. Dr. Fullmer got me in the quickest. He was such a great Dr. really nice. So I had surgery on last thursday. Poor little Harper has been handed out to everyone. Atleast it has been family and he loves to be with them. It was just a same day surgery. I am feeling better with each passing day. Today is my first day to have Harper here with me, so wish me luck! I can't lift him yet, so that is a little difficult. Atleast he can almost get into the crib by himself.

I just wanted to thank everyone that has helped me so much during this time. Especially my family, for loving Harp. Thanks for all of the wonderful meals, and for stopping by to see if I need anything. It is so nice to live in an area where everyone is so willing to help. Curt thanks for being so patient, and for taking over daddy and mommy roles. You are the best!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through this!!! My little brother had issues with his gall bladder for over a year and half before he about died on his mission! The minute he woke up from his surgery he felt so much better!

So glad Curt took you to the doctor! Feel better soon!

Jesse and Tiffany said...

Whoa Lace my mom had the same thing last year, If you need anything at all let us know, Jesse and I will help with anything! Get feeling better!!

Sam and Lacey said...

Lacey I am so rory that happened to you. I heard that gall bladder surgery is really painful but you strat feeling better. I hope all goes well and you continue to feel better. I would love it if you guys stopped by while you are here on that weekend. Either Saturday afternoon or evening or sunday afternoon would work the best for me. Also, if you just want to email me or have your sister email me I will give you my phone number so we can meet up. Also let her know I just put a couple more up on my etsy store and that I can pretty much do anything. I have a lad bug, bumble bee, witch, black cat, and leopard. Also, if you order more than one then I will give you 10% of your order. It was nice to hear ya and look forward to seing you soon. Get feeling better. Sorry about the novel

Sam and Lacey said...

Sorry my email is laceytorgerson@yahoo.com

Craig and Monica said...

Ouch! I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. Thank heavens for family and ward members, huh? I hope all continues to go well for you.

The Byron Family said...

Lace! sorry to hear about your crappy gall bladder! Hope you are feeling better!

Brooke said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!

teriandbristol said...

Poor little Lace, hopefully this is the end of weird things happening to you! If you need help hoisting Harper up, call! Ha! Glad you are feeling better! You looked like you were feeling good today!

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

It was so good to be able to sit outside and chat again. You looked like you were feeling a ton better. Call if you need anything. I think all I need to do is leave a comment and then you can look at my blog, right?

The Addingtons said...

Lace!! I didn't even know. Feel better. Let us know if you need anything too! Hugs!

Chelsie and Trace said...

I'm sorry to hear that Lacey! But at least you finally found out what was wrong! Get feeling better!!! You do have a great family!